Happy Friday! Whew! We made it. I don’t know about you, but I could use some laughs. I have been obsessed with these funny saying things that I find in various groups on Facebook, so I thought I would share them with you all. I’m also sharing a video that is so darn cute and funny…it’s of little William Stokkebroe, who’s jiving at just the age of 2! What a cutie pie! Enjoy and happy Friday!!
- If I had a British accent, I’d never shut up.
- I’m not saying you’re stupid I’m just saying you’ve got bad luck when it comes to thinking.
- “Don’t forget you are what you eat.” “I need to eat a skinny person.”
- I see these moms who can do everything and I think I should have them do some stuff for me.
- A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip beside you with a baseball bat singing, “someone’s gonna get it!”
- Whenever a bird poos on my car I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just so they know what I’m capable of.”
- Nothing messes up your Friday like realizing it’s Tuesday.
- That moment in a middle of an argument that realize you are wrong but fight anyway all in the name of pride.
- In a thousand years archeologists will dig up tanning beds and think we fried people as punishment.
- Tell someone you love them today because life is short. But SHOUT it at them in German because life is also terrifying: “Ich liebe dich!”
- They say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit (and by ‘they’ I honestly do not mean ‘people who just got owned by a sarcastic comment’.)
- Why is there a show called “When Animals Attack”? It should be called “When Stupid People Go Near Dangerous Animals”. Just sayin’.”
- “Yes, Officer, I did see the speed limit sign. I just didn’t see you.”
- Sometimes late at night I dig a hole in the backyard just to keep the nosey neighbors guessing.
- Auto-correct has got to be my worst enema.”
What a cute little guy, right?? Hope that put a smile on your face!! I thought we would do a fun little survey today, too…if you’re game, that is! So, click here if you are so inclined. Have a great weekend!!
Hello HumpDay-ers! I hope you all are having an awesome week! Can you believe its the LAST WEEK in April? We are only about 4 weeks from a 3-day weekend, but who’s counting?
I have to remind you all that May is National Electrical Safety Month!! Cassie and I have been racking our brains trying to come up with a cool giveaway to offer. We are going to have a month-long National Electrical Safety Month HumpDay Giveaway Extravaganza!! So, keep your eyeballs open and look out next week for the announcement!! We have an idea on what the giveaway will be, but I thought it would be super fun to get you guys to make some suggestions. So, if you have an idea and want to share it, you can do so here.
This past weekend many of us at Grace went to a charity event called Cancer Can Kiss My … (you know what!). Phil and his wife, Jane, hosted several tables and invited us all to attend, and I can’t tell you how much fun we had. I’ve attended several charity events through the years and this was probably one of the best ones ever. They had good food, several cash bars, rockin’ music, and live and silent auctions. The live auction was the highlight of the evening! I couldn’t believe how exciting the bidding was! Here’s a quick rundown of the auction items:
- Ultimate NASCAR Weekend Experience: Included NASCAR Hot Passes (all-access pit and garage passes) to any single NASCAR race weekend event. Hang out in the pit with the crew and watch the race with them! Winning Bid – $1500
- La-Z-Boy Champ XZIPIT Recliner: La-Z-Boy recliner embroidered with your favorite team logo. Winning Bid – $1000
- VIP Passes (2) to ANY Barrett Jackson Auction: Includes 3 meals and 10 drinks per day per person and one-day access to Muscle Lounge Skybox. Winning Bid – $1200
- Backyard BBQ for 16 People: A summer feast including ribeyes, shrimp skewers, parsley new potatoes, raspberry spinach salad and grilled veggies. Winning Bid – $1400
- Biaggi’s Dinner for 10 People: Includes a private 5-course dinner for 10 people with wine. Winning Bid – $1400
- Brian Urlacher Autographed Chicago Bears Jersey: Winning Bid – $3000
The word on the street is this event generated nearly $50,000 for cancer research! Woo-hoo!! This is something that is near and dear to Phil and Jane’s heart. So, if anyone wants to support cancer research where 100% of the money goes toward research, you can send a check to University of Iowa Foundation (Acct#30516015), Attn: Shelly J. Mott, PO Box 4550, Iowa City, Iowa 52244-4550. Be blessed!!
**All money raised at this event goes directly to research at the University of Iowa Gynecologic Cancer Research lab.**
We often get questions about how to create a customized GracePort number. Our fabulous Inside Sales team is always willing to help you all out with configuring your part number – just give them a call M-F, 7-5 at 800.280.9517 – but if you wanted to give it a shot on your own, this may help:
How To Build A GracePort Part Number!
This is what a common GracePort part number looks like: P-P11R2-K3RF0
Step 1: Let’s focus on the first piece of the part number: P-P11R2-K3RF0
The ‘P-’ simply means it’s a Port. So, every GracePort will begin with a ‘P-’. That was the easy part! Onto the next!
Step 2: Here we have the component section: P-P11R2-K3RF0
This section is where you pick your connectors like USB, Ethernet, DB9, etc. You can find these codes by looking at the Part Number Guide in the catalog, or downloading it from our website at www.graceport.com. What you may notice is these codes begin with a letter and then are followed by a number (example: A21, P11, Q102, R2, R62, etc). When you find the code for the component you want, simply insert it after the ‘P-’. If you have more than one component, you must put the in alpha-numeric order as seen above. Another example might be P-A21P11-K3RF0, P-A21R62-K3RF0, or P-Q102R62-K3RF0.
Step 3: Now, let’s focus on the housing size and Nema or UL Rating: P-P11R2-K3RF0
We have several housings to meet your needs. The letter in the code ‘K3’ indicates the size of the housing and the number indicates the Nema or UL Rating. Using our example, the ‘K’ indicates a 32-position housing size and the 3 indicates Nema 12/4 rating. Another example would be P-P11R2-K2RF0. Here we’ve changed only the rating to be Nema 4x, but have kept the housing the same size. Another example is P-P11R2-M5RF0. In this example we have changed both the Nema rating and the housing size.
Step 4: Let’s move on and look at the power options: P-P11R2-K3RF0
This next code can be either a 1-,2-, or 3-digit code referencing the power option you want. Grace offers a lot of different power options for both domestic and international use. To view our power options, please refer to the Part Configurator. In our current example the ‘RF’ code is for our patented Inside-Outlet. Another example would be P-P11R2-K3RUV0, which is a Universal Outlet. Or, if you don’t want any power options, you would use P-P11R2-K3RX. It is important that you put something in the power option section because our system will not allow us to leave it blank. If you are unsure, please give us a call at 800.280.9517, or include a description of the part you want with your order. If they don’t match we can give you a call.
Step 5: This next part is the circuit breaker option: P-P11R2-K3RF0
This is almost as easy as the first step. Here you just put in the number for the amperage you want. So, if you want a 5 amp circuit breaker you would put a P-P11R2-K3RF5. If you want a 20 amp, you would put P-P11-R2-K3RF20. If you don’t want any circuit breaker then you would use a ‘0’ as in our initial example!
Step 6: Exception Codes: P-P11R2-K3RF0-________
Here is the place you would put all those exceptions you might need. Some common examples include cable lengths, logo codes, and special text.
All GracePorts components with cables come standard with 10’, so if you want 10’ you don’t need to do anything. But, if you want another length like 3, 5, 7, 15, 20, or 25 (depending on availability) you would simply add -C3, -C5, -C7, -C15, -C20, -C25 respectively. Example: P-P11R2-K3RF0-C15
Logo codes always start with a -U. Specific to each logo is a 3-digit number. So, an example would be -U444, or -U039. If you are unsure of a logo code, please call Inside Sales. Example: P-P11R2-K3RF0-U039
In addition to logos, special text is something that sets us apart. We can label a port with a specific term that is unique to the customer. So, if you need your Ethernet port to be labeled with a specific term like “yoga” or “smurf” we can do it! Just put a -T in the exception section and lit what the text is in the description on the Purchase Order. As always, please include a phone number in case we have any questions! Example: P-P11R2-K3RF0-T
So, there you have it. That is pretty much the nuts and bolts of how to build a GracePort. Feel free to call or chat us if you have questions! Remember, we do this all day long and we’re pretty good at it.
You can view a video of this process by clicking here.
Happy day-after-tax-day (USA)! I wonder…how many of you waited to file your taxes until yesterday? I’ve updated our poll on the right side of the blog, so let’s see how HumpDay-ers fare. How many last-minute filers do we have? Not judging…just curious!! I filed about a month ago, but I know people who waited until this past weekend to start gathering all their papers. No matter when you filed, I bet you will get a good chuckle out of what one of my friends said on Facebook. She commented, “As I write checks today to the IRS and State of IL for taxes due, I smile with pride knowing that my government will spend the money just as wisely and frugally as I would…” LOL. My reply to her was, “And just when will those purple unicorns be making an appearance in that little world of yours?”
For you chuckling pleasure today, I found a Blog with a section called, “Things That Make You Go Hmmm”. I don’t know how many of these are actually true, but I bet you Google more than one like I did! Enjoy…
- All polar bears are left handed. - Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he doesn’t wear pants. - Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors. (So, if a pair is dueling, will the cops stop them to confirm they are registered blood donors? And if they are does he just let them continue? Hmmm) - February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon. - If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee (to what temperature, I wonder.) - Elephants are the only animals that can’t jump (…Daddy Mac will make you jump, jump…Kriss Kross will make you jump, jump!). - The cruise liner, Queen Elizabeth 2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns. - Every time you lick a stamp, you’re consuming 1/10 of a calorie (but licking the stamp burns 10 calories!) - A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death (that’s just gross…no comment). - The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan. (Googled it. Appears to be true.) - Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left handed people do (I wonder if insurance companies know that.). - One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today is because cotton growers in the 1930s lobbied against hemp farmers because they saw it as competition. - Shakespeare invented the word “assassination” and “bump”. (Googled that, too. Doesn’t appear to be true.)
Have a good day guys and gals!! And don’t forget to…jump, jump! Just kidding! Have a great week and…
This industrial GracePort® USB four-port hub provides for reliable communication with USB peripherals both inside or outside a control panel. High retention USB connectors ensure that even the physical connection remains intact in a variety of industrial environments.
High ESD protection provides long life in electrically harsh environments. Full speed (480 Mbps) USB 2.0 support allows connectivity with the latest computer technology. The high retention USB ports on the upstream and downstream connections are compatible with standard off-the-shelf USB cables and do not come loose during operation. When installed in your system, the USB hub appears as a non-branded USB hub.
For more information, please download the datasheet found here.
I will admit I don’t get the whole “oh-no-it’s-Friday-the-13th-we-must-stay-in-bed-because-the-world-is-going-to-end” hoopla. Cassie did a quick internet search and printed out oodles of do’s and don’ts for Fridays that have the misfortune of landing on the 13th of a month. There are things like avoid walking under ladders, carry a rabbit’s foot, don’t break a mirror, keep your fingers crossed, knock on wood and stay away from pavement cracks (looks like the backs of mothers will be breaking across the globe today)…
So, here were are in the midst of one of the most feared days of the year and I’m thinking we need a campaign to take back Friday the 13th! While I was researching for today’s blog post, I came across another that I thought, for the most part, was pretty cool. It basically stated that Friday the 13th has the power you give it. If you think it is a day of fear then it will be a day of fear. If you think it is a day of joy, peace, faith, whatever, then that’s what it will be. I like that! The day has what you give it!! So, I encourage you all to take back Friday the 13th!! Proclaim it as good and fortunate, and all of us at GRACE pray just that for you today!! Have a good one!!
Oh!! I almost forgot!! Anyone want a pizza party?? We are taking requests for May!! C’mon…pizza!! Yum!
Yo! Wazzup, Cool Cats! What it is, what it is. Welcome to HumpDay, Home Slice! Today is National 8-Track Tape Day, so we thought we would do a HumpDay with a 1970s theme and slanguage! So sit back and groove to our trippy style! To the bone, man, to – the – bone!
Slide me some virtual skin, Turkeys, and let’s pardy hardy. Far out. For your funny this week, check out these flash backs!
You Know You’re a Child of the 1970s if…
- You still wonder if Mikey died from a lethal cocktail of Pop Rocks and Coca Cola.
- You can recite the Preamble to the Constitution but only to the tune of Schoolhouse Rock.
- Your parents paid $2000 for a top-loading VCR that was almost the size of a coffee table.
- You never asked to be gagged with a spoon.
- Your jaw would ache by the time you finished one of those brick-sized packages of Bazooka!
- You remember when the film critics were certain no movie would ever get better special effects than Star Wars.
- You remember wanting to see Mr. Bill on Saturday Night Live.
- You remember a rotary phone.
- You learned to swim about the same time as Jaws came out and you carry the emotional scars to prove it.
- You know exactly who said, “Oh, my nose!” and why.
- You took family trips before the invention of the mini-van and remember riding in the back of the station wagon to get passing trucks to honk at you.
- A predominate color in your childhood photos is plaid.
- Your first musical purchase was an 8-track tape.
- If female: You owned a Donnie and Marie or Sonny and Cher poster.
- You remember having to get up off the sofa to switch the channel.
- You remember when Jordache jeans were cool.
- The Brady Bunch Movie brought back fond memories
- You remember when there was only “G”, “PG” and “R”.
- If male: Your first love was Marsha, Jeannie, Samantha, Josie or any one of the Pussycats.
Dy-no-mite, dude! So, can you dig it? If you are a 70s kid, you probably have more than one of these where you nodded and snickered to yourself. Well, don’t buzz off just yet! Catch us on the flip side for a special Pimp My GracePort®!
One of the mondo cool things about GracePorts is your ability to customize it to meet your precise specifications. Here are some of the stellar things you can do with your pimped out GracePort:
- Pick the connectors you want – and as many as you need! That’s right…as long as we can fit it in a housing, you can select the combination of components you need to meet your specifications.
- Customize your text and add your logo! With our process at Grace we can FULLY customize your GracePort right down to the text of the connectors and the company logo.
- Choose from UL Type 3R, 4, 4X (including 304 and 316 stainless), and 12 housing types!
- Foreign outlets are no problem! We have outlet options including Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Greece, France, Belgium, Italy, India, and many more!
So, give it a try…pimp your GracePort like this one shown here! We had a customer call us and ask if we could get one of our Power Warning Alerts inside a GracePort. Talk about shagadelic, baby. Fo-shizzle.